Dr. Somashekara D.D.
|Dr. Somashekara D.D.
||Professor & Chairman
|| +91-821-2419831, +91-9480057505
|| MSc, Ph.D.
|Area of Specialization
||Special Functions, Number Theory, Discrete Mathematics and Graph Theory
No. of Research publications: 34
List of Publication:
- An estimate of Ramanujan related to the greatest integer function.Bull Austral, Math. Soc. Vol. 44, No.1 (1991) 149-154.(with S.Bhargava and C.Adiga)
- A generalization of Shiokawa's rational approximations to Rogers-Ramanujan continued fraction.Comment, Math. Univ. ancti Pauli, Vol. 41, No.2 (1992), 125-134.(with S.Bhargava and C.Adiga)
- Ramanujan's remarkable summation and an interesting convolution identity.Bull, Austral, math. Soc., Vol.47 (1993), 155-162(with S.Bhargava and C.Adiga)
- Three square theorem as an application of Andrews' identity.Fibonacci Quart. Vol.31(1993), 129-133(with S.Bhargava and C.Adiga).
- Some eta-function identities deducible from Ramanujan's 11 summation.J. Math. Anal. Appl, Vol. 176, No.2 (1993), 554-560(with S.Bhargava).
- On the representations of an integer as a sum of a square and thrice a square.Int. J.Math. Ed. Sci. Tech. Vol. 24, No.3 (1993) 493-496(With S.Bhargava and C.Adiga).
- On some Rogers - Ramanujan type continued fraction identities.Mathematica Balkanica, New Series Vol.12, Nos. 1 - 2 (1998), 37 - 45.(With C.Adiga).
- A note on strongly multiplicative graphs Discussiones Mathematicae Graph Theory, 24 (2004) 81-83(With C.Adiga and H.N. Ramaswamy).
- On some transformation formulas for basic bilateral hypergeometric series,Proceedings of 14th International Conference of the Jangjeon Mathematical Society" (With C.Adiga and Syeda Noor Fathima).
- On a q-analogue of Sandor's Function,J. Inequal. Pure and Appl. Math. 4(4) (2003) 1-5 (With C.Adiga, T.Kim and Syeda Noor Fathima).
- On some generalizations of the Jacobi's triple product identity, Proceedings of the 15th International Conference of the Jangjeon Mathematical Society, Edts: S.H.Rim, L.C.Jang, T.Kim, H.K.Pak, (2004) 32-44.
- On a generalization of Jacobi's triple product identity and its application" Adv. Stud. Comtemp. Math. 9.No.2 (2004) 165-174. (With T.Kim and Syeda Noor Fathima).
- Some q-gamma and q-beta function identities deducible from the reciprocity theorem of Ramanujan Adv. Stud. Comtemp. Math. 11(2) (2005) 227-234. (With S.Bhargava and Syeda Noor Fathima).
- A new covolution identity deducible from the remarkable formula of Ramanujan, Taiwanese Journal of Mathematics 11 (2) (2007) 399 - 406 (With S.Bhargava and D.Mamta).
- On some Arithmetic and Real Variable functions Octogon Math. Mag. 15(1) (2007) 63 - 73 (with Jozesf Sandor and D.Mamta).
- On some Identities of Ramanujan found in his lost note book. Adv. Stud. Comtemp. Math. 9.No.2 (2004) 165-174.(with D. Mamta).
- On the Skew energy of some unitary Cayley digraphs. Adv. Stud. Contemp. Math. 21 (to Appear).(with C. Adiga, H. N. Ramaswamy, and Z. Khoshbakht).
- On some generalizations of Ramanujan's continued fraction identities.Proc. Ind. Acad, Sci, Vol.97 (1987) 31-43.(With S.Bhargava and C.Adiga)
- On certain continued fractions related to 32 basic hypergeometric functions,Jour. Math. Sci, Vol.21, No.6 (1987) 613 - 629 (with S.Bhargava and C.Adiga).
- Parity results deducible from certain theta function identities found in Chapter 16 of Ramanujan's second notebook,Math. Student, Vol. 57, Nos. 1-4 (1989) 121-132 (with S.Bhargava and C.Adiga).
- Some relations between infinite series and infinite products.Proceedings of the symposium on Algebra and Number Theory, Cochin, India, 27-28, July (1990) 23-29.(with S.Bhargava and C.Adiga).
- Number of representations of an integer as a sum of a square and five times a square. Jour. Ind. Math. Soc., Vol.65, Nos. 1-4 (1998), 249 - 251(With S.Bhargava and C.Adiga).
- Ramanujan's 11 summation and an interesting generalization of an identity of Jacobi.Ind. Jour. of Mathematics Vol. 41, No.1(1999), 39-42.(With S.Bhargava and C.Adiga).
- Some interesting applications of Ramanujan's identities to representations of integers as sums of squares. Presented at 62nd Annual Conference of IMS, held at IIT, Kanpur, during December 22 - 25, (1996).(With S. Bhargava and C.Adiga)
- Rogers - Ramanujan identities, continued fractions and their generalizations.Selected Topics in Special Functions, Eds: R.P. Agarwal, H.L. Manocha and K .Srinivasa Rao (2001), 208-226.(With C.Adiga)
- Strongly * graphs.Mathematical Forum, Vol. VIII, (1999-2000) 31-36..(With C.Adiga).
- Strongly multiplicative graphs.Challenges of the 21st Century in Mathematics and its Allied Topics: Ed:B.S.Kiranagi (2001), 232-235.(With C.Adiga and H.N.Ramaswamy).
- An interesting generalization of Jacobi's triple product identity.Far East J.Math. Sci. (FJMS), 9(3)(2003), 255-259.(With Syeda Noor Fathima).
- On strongly multiplicattve graphs.South East Asian J. Math. and Math. Sc. 2(2003) 45-47(With C.Adiga and H.N.Ramaswamy)30.On continued fraction expansions for the ratios of 22.Ind. Jour. of Math. 45, No.3(2003) 333-355 (With Syeda Noor Fathima).
- A New Transformation for Basic Bilateral Hypergeometric Series. The Math. Student 74 (1 - 4) (2005) 11 - 29 (With S.Bhargava and Syeda Noor Fathima) 32.On Some Continued Fraction Expansions for The Ratios of 22.Far East J.Math. Sci. (FJMS), 23(1)(2006), 65-80.(with D. Mamta).
- Interesting Generalisations of the Additive Analogues of the Euler Minimum and Maximum Functions.South East Asian J. Math. and Math. Sc. 4(2) (2006) 27 - 32 (with D. Mamta)
- A note on Three Variable Reciprocity Theorem Int.J.Pure .Appl.Math (to Appear) (with D. Mamta).
- Proceedings of The International Conference on The Works of Srinivasa Ramanujan (2001)( With C.Adiga )
No. of Ph. D's guided - awarded :1
No. of Ph. D's guided - in progress : 3