|1.M.A.||2 years||Any Degree in Arts Stream|
|2.M.Sc.||2 years||Any Degree in Science Stream|
|3. Ph.D in Anthropology||-||Selection through Entrance Examination. Elibility as per Univeristy notification and Ph.D regulations prescribed by UGC|
PROGRAMME OUTCOME OF M.A. / M.SC. ANTHROPOLOGY
- On successful completion of this programme, each student will be able to:
- Understanding the anthropological perspective built upon a holistic view on cultural and biological systems.
- Learn human diversity and its significance. It would lead to respect for people whose culture differs from ours.
- Develop an understanding of local and global processes and social complexity through space and time.
- Develop basic knowledge of data collection methods and the analytic techniques and that anthropologists use to evaluate these data.
- A familiarity with and knowledge in the four sub-fields of anthropology (archaeology, biological anthropology, cultural anthropology, and linguistic anthropology along with the interdisciplinary approach to understand human culture/society/behaviour
- A familiarity with the multiple ways of approach their knowledge and skills as professionals inside and outside of any organization upon to develop decision making capability.
- The ability to find data relevant to a research question and design a research strategy that takes such work into account and appropriate to the specific context of the research site.
- Competence in the collection and analysis of quantitative and qualitative data related to human behaviour and culture and a recognition of the strengths and limitations of both.
- The recognition of a diversity of cultural practices and belief systems.
- The skills and desire to be engaged and informed global citizens and apply anthropological training and perspective to life's challenges