College Development Council
Establishment of College Development Council
- College Development Council (CDC), University of Mysore, Mysore was established in 1982.
- Since inception it has engaged itself in spearheading the cause of higher education in colleges coming under University’s jurisdiction.
- Soon after it’s establishment, CDC undertook a periodical survey of all colleges affiliated to the University.
- It has organized many conferences/seminars/workshops in collaboration with the Post-graduate Departments in order to stream line and strengthen the higher education system.
- Granting affiliation to colleges according to University Statutes as per UGC regulations.
- Granting Autonomy to colleges.
- Encouraging colleges in getting Colleges with Potential for Excellence (CPE) status.
- Approving the appointment of teachers & principals of private colleges.
- Collecting and maintaining statistics pertaining to colleges and Courses.
- Assisting colleges in getting UGC grants and FIP’s.
- Promoting Vocational and Job Oriented Courses in colleges.
- Assisting colleges in all academic, administrative and infrastructural development.
- Recognition of Research Centers
- Encouraging Colleges in their Assessment and Accreditation by NAAC