VARIOUS WORK SHOPS ORGANISED UNDER COLLEGE DEVELOPMENT COUNCIL By Dr. S. Srikantaswamy, Director, CDC UNIVERSITY OF MYSORE
1. One Day Workshop on Higher Studies in University of Alabama, Huntsville (USA) for Students of Affiliated Colleges of University of Mysore was organized on 8th November 2014. Hon’ble Vice-Chancellor Prof. K.S.Rangappa presided over the workshop, while Prof. H. S. Ranganath, HOD of Computer Science, Alabama University, USA inaugurated and Prof. Susan Steen of Alabama University was present.
2. Under the Chairmanship of Hon’ble Vice-Chancellor, Prof. K.S.Rangappa meeting of the Principals of all the affiliated colleges was convened on 02.09.2014, and the issues relating to affiliation, accreditation by NAAC, inclusion of colleges under 2(f) and 12(B) of UGC Act, UGC schemes for college Development, award of CPE status etc were discussed.
1. “One-Day Principals” meet on “The role of Universities and Colleges in Higher Education” September 13, 2016.
2. “One day Principals” meet on Quality enhancement in Higher education: Issues and concern, inaugurated by Prof. Veda Prakash, Chairman, UGC, New Delhi on December 01, 2016.
3. “One-Day Principals” Workshop on “Online Affiliation”, February 16, 2017.
1. One day workshop regarding implementation of CBCS to graduate courses consisting of Principals of all colleges coming under the jurisdiction of University of Mysore, Deans, Chairpersons of Board of Studies (UG) were conducted on 27.12.2017 under the chairmanship of the Vice-chancellor Prof. C. Basavaraju.
1. To introduce CBCS for all UG courses from the academic year 2018-19 one day all affiliated college Principals workshop organized on 06.06.2018 and 07.06.2018.
2. To introduce CBCS in Kannada UG courses from the academic year 2018-19 one day affiliated college Kannada teachers workshop organized on 27.09.2018.
3. College Development Council and Department of Studies in Education jointly organized one day international workshop Prof. David A Shapiro give an talk about “Philosophy of Education” in the workshop on 18.12.2018.
4. On the chairmanship of honorable Vice Chancellor affiliated college Principals meeting organized on 16.01.2019 regarding “ Academic requirements for the year 2019-20.
1. Principals meeting regarding academic requirements for the year 2019-20 held on Wednesday 16th January 2019 at Vijanan Bhavana, Manasagangothri, Mysore.
2. One day workshop on adaptation of UGC-MOOC’s SWAYAM courses on 19th June, 2019.
3. One day workshop regarding implementation of Online AIISH portal in Affiliated colleges coming under the jurisdiction of University of Mysore, conducted on 18.09.2019 under the chairmanship of the Registrar R. Shivappa.
4. One day workshop organized On 07.11.2019 for all constituent and affiliated college Principal & E-Attestation officers regarding upload Online Portal of State Metric Scholarship.
5. Regarding NAAC One day workshop organized for all constituent & affiliated college Principals On 05.12.2019.
6. Start-up Training Programme organized On 29.02.2020 for all constituent affiliated college Principals regarding Seva Sindu & AISHE Programs.