- M.A IN LITERATUR
Department Profile (From 2014-15 to 2019-20)
Dept of English was established in 1992 with a few Guest Faculty members and Visiting Permanent Faculty from Mysore with the goal of catering to the needs of rural students in and around Hassan District. In 1999, with 4 Faculty members the dept became full-fledged. Since then there has been a slow and steady progress in the Dept. Students of the Dept, pursue, teaching, journalism and proof-reading jobs. The mission of the Dept is not just to make the students independent n responsible citizens of India but also to sensitize them to the challenges faced by students at rural setup.
- On 8th Apr 2015, a special lecture on British Dramas by Smt. B. Jayalakshmi, Asst Prof at First Grade College, Holenarasipura was organized in the Dept.
- On 8th Apr 2015, a special lecture on Post-colonialism by Smt. A Sowmya. Asst Prof at KRS First Grade College, Mysore was organized in the Dept.
- In liaison with Kannada Dept a talk titled “ Mass Media & Its Impact on Rural Population” was organized on 11th May 2015.
- A Special Lecture on “Noah Plays” by Prof yashavantha Dongre was organized on 29th May 2015.
- Prof R. Ramachandra’s Special Lecture on Indian Literature was organized by the Dept.
- An Invited talk by Prof Rajendra Chenni on Inter-textuality was organized with the Kannada Dept.
- In 2014-15 & 2015-16 Remedial Coaching Classes for the studens of the Centre was organized by the Dept..
- On 27th Apr dept organized a One-day National Seminar on “India Texts: Issues of Reading
- Dept also arranged for a Special Lecture by Prof. B. V. Ramaprasad on Introduction to Literary Criticism” on 11th Mar 2019.
Soft Cores offered at the Department:
Short Fiction by Indian Women in Translation
Applied Cultural Studies (Indian / Regional)
American Western Fiction
Literature and Popular Culture
Indian Women Novelists in Translation
Uniqueness of the Course Curriculum
- The Dept. offers M.A. in English with latest updates in curriculum of deferent area Studies for students from in and around Hassan District
- Department functions with the state of art-infrastructure and privileges facilitated by the University.The information and communication technology enabled teaching and open access catalogue in internet library has been a continuous feature of the Department,
Placement Opportunities: Teaching jobs in the country and abroad, Journalism and Media, Administrative Services, Defence Services , Publishing Houses and Call Centers.
Associate Professor and Course Coordinator
|Dr. Kushala K E||Nandan K|