About the Department
University of Mysore has been striving for academic excellence, and at the same time the Department of Physical Education sponsoring varieties of activities that would contribute to the wholesome development of personality and promote health among students. Sports and games are one such area promoted by the University with an intention of ensuring physical, mental and emotional health of the student community. For smooth conduct of the sports endeared by the students, the department of physical education was established by the University of Mysore in the year 1928.
Vision and Mission
- Health for All
- Fitness for Sports Now and Better Living Later
- Enhancement of Sports Standard
- To inculcate Healthy Habits among the Students who Frequent the Sports Grounds (Involve themselves in sports programmes)
- To Motivate Sportspersons to work towards increased Physical Fitness
- Fitness helps Students to Perform Better in Sports Today and Discharge their Duties well in Society later. Grooming Individuals to be better citizens.
- To Provide Systematic and Scientific Sports Training
- To help Salvage the Prestige of the Nation in International Sports Contests.
University of Mysore,