Registrar Contact No : 0821 - 2419361 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Lingaraja Gandhi is currently serving as Registrar, University of Mysore, Mysuru.
Basically Professor of English in the Postgraduate Department of Studies and Research in English, University of Mysore, Mysuru is engaged at University level teaching, research and administration for the past 36 years (since 1983 and as Professor since 2007).
• Registrar (Evaluation), Bengaluru Central University, Central College Campus, Bengaluru (2017-19). As the first Registrar, has introduced “E-Governance” and brought out Examination Manual – 2018.
• Director, UGC- Human Resource Development Centre, (formerly, UGC- Academic Staff College) University of Mysore, Mysuru, for four years (2012-2016).
• Director of Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation Board - PMEB, (2016-17), University of Mysore, Mysuru.
• Director, College Development Council (CDC), University of Mysore for five years (2011-16).
• Nodal officer for RUSA, University of Mysore, Mysuru (2016-17).
• Nodal Officer for University Ranking Surveys conducted by NIRF, MHRD, Govt. of India, New Delhi; THE World Ranking; The Week national ranking survey and Karnataka State University ranking conducted by KSURF, Govt. of Karnataka.
• Nodal Officer for University Review Commission, University of Mysore, Mysore (2017-18).
• Served overseas as Visiting Professor of English in the University of IBB, Republic of Yemen for three years from 2007 to 2010.
• Has made Conferences, Presentations held in Stellenbosch University, South Africa, University of Kelaniya, Colombo, Sri Lanka and IBB University, Republic of Yemen, and has visited Stanford, USA.
• Served as UGC Visiting Fellow in the Department of English, IKS University, Khairagarh, India (in 2004 and 2005).
• Served as Course co-ordinator in the Postgraduate Department of Studies and Research in English from 2003 to 2007 and from 2010 to 2011.
• Published a book, Connecting the Postcolonial (2006), College Development Council Handbook-2012, Co-authored a book, Newspapers in the Framework of Space: Mysore’s Urban Press (1982) & more than 75 articles and interviews (in reputed national and international journals, periodicals from India and overseas).
• Made more than 50 National and International conference presentations held in India and abroad.
• Delivered more than 200 special/plenary lecturers as Resource person in different Universities and the UGC Academic staff Colleges across the Country.
• Served as Member of the Syndicate, Academic Council and Finance Committee of Bengaluru Central University (2017-2019).
• Served as a member of the Academic Council, Central University of Karnataka (2015-2018).
• Served as Dean, Faculty of Arts, Bengaluru Central University (2018-2019)
• Directed/Coordinated several international, national and regional conferences and workshops on Literature, Culture Studies and Higher Education and more than 100 Refresher Courses, Orientation Programmes and Short-term Courses.
• Served as Chairman and Member of the Central Government, State Government and University Level Academic and Administrative Reforms and Affiliation and Autonomous Review Committees.
• Served as Member of Boards of Appointments (BOA’s), Selection committees, Assessment committees, Academic, Administration and Audit (AAA) committees of University, UGC, ICAR and State Government; as Chairman/member of Boards of Studies (BOS), Boards of Examiners (BOE’s), Advisory Committees of UGC-Academic Staff Colleges.
Areas of Specialization: • Higher Education Commonwealth Literature