The Division of Studies in Economics has a student intake of 47 of which 32 is general intake (Scheme A) & 15 under scheme B. The staff strength is FIVE.
Salient Feature :
- The M.A. course has a aggregate marks of 1800. It is a CBCS semester course and the Optional papers are given regional orientation. The staff has shown keen interest in teaching students for UGC, NET, KAS, IAS, IES Examinations. The syllabus was last updated in 2010.
- The Division has made attempts to provide consultancy, project/program evaluation service to the industries and local development organizations like ZP’s, ULB’s & UDA’s. The ZP’s of Mysore and Mandya districts have shown interest in our programmes.
- The interactive learning process is emphasized through dialogues and weekly seminars. Midterm and preparatory examinations of 3 hours duration are introduced.
- The Division has recently set up “FORUM for regional Development studies” an interdisciplinary to initiate field / area studies with reference to Mysore, Mandya, Hassan and Chamarajanagar Districts.
- The Division conducts special lectures regularly on subjects like Peasant Movement; Agricultural development in Karnataka; Economic Challenges before New Union Government; Food processing Industries; Self-Employment Opportunities, Higher Education, health care services, etc.
- Every faculty member runs tutorial classes
- Research projects with UGC and ICSSR are completed. Several national and State level seminars & conferences organized.
- M.phil and Ph.D programmes are run. M.Phil programme has 16 seats. Each guide is allowed to take 9 Ph.D candidates.
- During 2006 to 2011 the DOS in economics has produced 7 Ph.D’s and 40 M.Phil
- All the faculty members are recognized as guides / supervisors for ph.d and M.Phil programmes in economics by the University Of Mysore
Professor & Course Coordinator